This months campout will count towards the monthly campout fulfillment. The boys will going White Water Rafting on the Hudson River!! You can find further information by visiting their website at http://www.whitewaterchallengers.com.
Date: Fri Aug 18 – Sat Aug 19
Location: White Water Challengers, Hudson River
Departure: Friday, 4:30 pm at the Oriskany Falls Fire Department
Return: TBD. Saturday after 6 pm. Scouts will call when close to arrival.
Equipment provided by Troop:
- cooking equipment
Equipment provided by the scout:
- swim trunks
- closed toe shoes (NO flipflops or crocks)
- small carry bag to put a change of clothes in for after rafting.
- glasses must be secured with glasses straps.
- no cameras are allowed on this trip.
- personal eating gear, water bottle, bug spray
- sleeping bag & mat for weather conditions (It may be rainy and cool, so scouts should be prepared for a chilly evening.)
- clothing for weather conditions
- Scout Handbook
Scouts should also get in the habit of bringing their fire starting supplies, first aid kit, and the rope that was given to them at scouts, to all campouts!
Please wear Class A uniform upon arrival.
- Scouts should either bring dinner with them Friday, or bring money to purchase dinner on the ride up. Friday night dinner will not be provided.
- Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner will be provided.
- Cost is $75 per scout.